Hey, folks! We’ve closed the first Amaranthus Community Survey and the Results are in! I’d like to go ahead and share the results with all of you and try to expand on what changes we’re looking at making.
- Where do Amaranthians come from? Almost 50% of our survey respondents say they first heard about the server from Minecraft forums. 27% of respondents heard about us from Reddit, and another 27% heard about us from a friend. These numbers help us understand where we should focus as we move forward in advertising more.
- How satisfied are you? 75% of respondents are happy with the state of Amaranthus right now and around 16% are unhappy. We’re glad so many of you are satisfied with where we’re at, but we’re also interested in hearing more from those of you who aren’t. We’d like to set up more surveys to better understand what you guys think could be better.
- Staff Concerns 75% of survey respondents felt positively about recent changes to the Amaranthus staff lineup. 25% of you felt, in some way, more negatively. Again, we’re interested in hearing you out on this issue in future surveys and beyond. Over 90% of respondents said they understood staff roles. We’re happy we’ve been able to be clear, but if any confusion still exists, I’d invite anyone looking to learn more to check out the staff page on the wiki. Finally, over 90% of respondents felt that they are treated nicely and fairly by staff, with two thirds of respondents saying they agree strongly. We’re happy with this reputation, and we’re looking to improve and uphold it in the future.
- Katsura Overall, opinions regarding Katsura were generally positive. Most of you said you’re interested in contributing in some way, and you contributed a lot of ideas as well. To respond to this, we’ve completely opened up building in Katsura. It’s still a community project, we’re still working together, and we’re still asking that builders focus primarily on community buildings and keep housing to apartments, but we want to grant you as much freedom as we can to be creative. We hope this helps!
- Events This was an interesting domain, and I’m really glad we got the information we did. About 25% of you are interested in more PVP events, and over half of respondents are interested in more trivia events. We’re going to use these numbers to try to balance the number of events we hold in each domain. While a lot of players aren’t interested in PVP, we want to offer the opportunity still for those who are. Likewise, we want to begin to offer more trivia as well. I think I’m going to be holding more impromptu trivia nights, and I invite anyone else interested in hosting to contact me or to just go ahead and give it a shot.
- Events (Part II) Events were a huge part of this survey, and you all responded loudly and clearly — Amaranthians want more community events. We heard you, and we’re going to be working toward hosting more events and creating a better community environment. Our policies still need a little more fleshing out, but Amaranthus strives to be a community-centered server. To that degree, I’d like to mandate that anyone interested in holding an event is able to do so. If you’d like staff support, please contact me, but we don’t want you to have to wait longer than you have to. Regardless, the staff team will be working toward a number of staff-sponsored events.
Thanks so much to everyone who participated and filled out the survey. We’ll likely have another one out soon, and we’re always looking to improve the server we all know and love. Thanks for helping!